2017 Submission Periods
All submissions through Submittable.
January 1-March 31 (issue 7 published in April)
June 1-July 31 (issue 8 published in September – themed issue “Skin”)*
September 15-November 30 (issue 9 published in December)
*Issue 8 is themed “Skin”
- Read our past issues to see what we like.
- We pay $10/contributor via PayPal.
- If we publish your work, wait one calendar year before submitting again.
- If we decline your work, please wait until the next submission period to submit again (don’t submit within the same issue’s reading period)
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, just keep us in the loop. Withdraw your work (congrats!) or leave us a comment in Submittable.
- Previously published work cannot be considered (this include blogs, Facebook, Wattpad, etc).
- We retain first serial rights on work we accept and then all rights revert to the author. If the work is reprinted, we ask that Third Point Press be acknowledged as the place of initial publication.
Expedited Reading ($5)
If you use the expedited reading option in Submittable for poetry or fiction, we’ll put your work at the very top of our reading pile. You won’t get anything more than that (no preferential treatment, no instant acceptance). Think of it as a way of patting us on the back while satisfying that urge to avoid waiting in line.
Feedback Option ($7)
You can also choose the feedback option when submitting. This simply ensures that we will provide our thoughts explaining what we liked, didn’t like, and thought could be improved on in your work.
Send a short story up to 3,500 words or up to 3 flash pieces (each of which should not exceed 1,000 words). We’re not really concerned with margins or anything like that, just make sure you choose a standard font and don’t do anything crazy with formatting unless it’s central to the experience of the piece.
We’re not going to reject your story if it has an error or two in it, but do your best to proofread your piece before sending. If it’s full of mistakes we’re more likely to give up on reading the whole way through, which is a shame for everyone.
If you’re sending multiple pieces, that’s fine. Submit all of your work in a single file, use clear page breaks between pieces, and clearly identify each title in the title area of Submittable (Title A/Title B/Title C). Please double space your submission.
It’s pretty easy to tell you how to format your submissions. What’s tough is trying to convey what we want to see, what makes us say, “this!”
We want to see the stories that you had to write. The ideas you keep coming back to, that won’t leave you alone. We want you to be so in love with a story that you are excited to send it to us. Please believe us when we say, we are excited to read it.
- Send up to 5 poems in a standard font.
- Submit all of your poems in a single file
- Make sure to check your work for errors. This is even more important with poetry. We want your work to look exactly like you mean it to look.